The public is asked to take note that all Procurement employees certify to the following:
To conduct one’s self in a manner that will be compatible with the best interest of Citizens of the City of Miramar.
To be impartial and fair in all actions performed in the line of duty.
To never use public office for personal gain.
To keep the public interest as the principal concern, in all actions and decisions.
To make decisions in accordance with City policies and procedures, and through proper channels of government structure.
To protect and enhance the reputation of the City of Miramar and its employees.
To treat all citizens equally with courtesy and impartiality, and refrain from granting any special advantage to any citizen beyond what is available to all citizens.
To give efficient, productive, and economic service to the City and it’s Citizens.
To avoid real or potential conflicts between private and public duties.
To keep confidential all information acquired by reason of one's position, which may be used for personal or financial gain for one’s self or other persons.
To refrain from securing special privileges or exemptions for one's self, one's relatives, or other persons that are not available to all citizens.
To refuse accepting, soliciting, exchanging or otherwise obtaining anything of value from any other public official, employee or citizen, which is intended to influence the performance of official duties.
To use City vehicles, equipment, supplies, and/or property only for City work, and not for personal benefit or profit, except when it is available to the public generally or provided by administrative regulations.
To cooperate fully with other employees unless prohibited by law or confidentiality.
To further adhere to the Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Social Responsibility of the American Purchasing Society, the Florida Association of Public Purchasing Officers, the Institute for Supply Management, the National Contract Management Association, the National Institute for Governmental Purchasing, and the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council.
RESPONSIBLE WORK ETHIC
- We have the courage to take responsibility for our mistakes, using them to fail forward and learn from them.
- We are accountable for recognizing the changing needs of those we serve.
- We only stop working on a task when the task is 100% complete.
- We will celebrate our successes and achievements.
- We are respectful to others regardless of their actions towards us
- We conscientious and hard-working in all aspects of our jobs.
- We strive to achieve our goals, even when the end result is not immediate.
- We provide great service by attending to detail.
- We check our work to avoid errors.
- We posses a passion for learning and improvement.
- We are energized about being a member of the Procurement team.
- We project a positive attitude and do our part to incorporate fun into our work.
- We look at difficult situations as positive challenges and opportunities to make things better.
- We make an extra effort to assist our co-workers, other departments, and vendors to understand the procurement process.
- We promote cooperation and a team environment while upholding City’s Code.
- Our daily actions embody self-honesty and honesty towards others.
- We take pride in choosing to do what is right.
- We promote ethics and integrity to those around us.