Training & Exercises - In coordination with Federal, State, Regional, and Local partners, the City of Miramar Division of Emergency Management conducts and participates in training and exercise events that strengthen the ability of the local emergency management community to prepare, respond and manage large-scale incidents.
- Training opportunities for laypersons are available from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and through volunteer opportunities with organizations such as the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
- Opportunity for neighborhood/group preparedness & mobilization training is available through the City of Miramar Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) State Training/ Exercise Calendar
Continuity Of Operations Plan (COOP) Development
- Emergencies are unplanned events that can cause significant injury, or even death, to employees, customers, or the public, disrupt or close down operations, cause physical or environmental damage, or harm an organization's public image.
- In order to help your business or department respond to and recover from an emergency, it is important to establish an all hazards general safety plan and a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
- Federal Executive Branch Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Continuity of Operations Plan Pandemic Influenza Guidance
- Continuity of Operations Plan Implementation Guidance
New Digital Communications Recommendations to Help Americans Prepare in Advance of an Emergency
Read This Bulletin by the Ready Campaign